I'm also continuing to keep socks on the needle. I think this is third (?) pair this summer.
I've done a fair amount of cooking this week. We had pizza night. I used Emeril's deep dish dough recipe with a few modifications and then used it for thin crust pizza. I got okra and beans at the market. I've made one batch of crispy oven okra. I haven't decided what to do the rest. I also got some lovely farm fresh eggs. It's nice to see eggs colored naturally instead of all white clones sitting freakishly in a carton. Since it is another rainy fall afternoon in the middle of AUGUST!!!! and I had bananas turning brown and black on the counter, I heated up the oven for some banana bread (sans the dreaded tree nuts that wreak havoc on my system). Since I smashed my finger in the pantry door, I've treated myself to two pieces already today. Maybe the loaf will survive the day. Hopefully, it will since it is too wet for wimpy me to venture out into the soggy, soggy day to run it off.
Work starts back in full swing this week. Hopefully, the stress will not be overwhelming. Most of the college visits are out of the way. It's not quite time for applications to be completed. We are just taking everything one step at a time.
Now, to take advantage of some endangered quiet time.


No comments:
Post a Comment