Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bread Craving

I have been craving good Italian bread lately.  Sadly, there is no place near me to get great, fresh Focaccia. My solution to similar problems has been to make my own.  So, that is just what I did this rainy Wednesday.  Today, it has been cool enough to crank the oven up to the 425° F necessary to bake the bread correctly. Since my little finger is still bothering me too much to knit (vacation injury), I decide to proceed with my plan.  I started with a basic recipe from King Arthur Flour's website.  I quickly realized that some major adjustments to their recipe would be needed in order for it to work with the materials available and the lovely climate in the area (which for months has been massive amounts of rain followed by a day of sunshine blocked out by millions of mosquitos). The result is  a lovely focaccia that should last through tomorrow (maybe).  Now, if I could just find some fine (and affordable) Italian wine to sip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment